Monday, June 6, 2011

148/365- Wise carpenter once say...



"...nobody wins in a hammer fight."




Or maybe I said that? Sounds like something I'd say. Random, yet sound advice. I believe I said this after being threatened to be hit with a hammer (jokingly) by a former carpenter employer/friend.





I don't remember all the details, but my imagination remembers something like the following. I made a smart remark to my employer-friend one day at work and he responded with the threat of physical brutality... hammer in hand... smile on face. So, in the spirit of a fair fight, I drew my weapon (hammer) from its sheath (tool belt) and smirked. "Nobody wins in a hammer fight," I quipped. It was like a showdown at the OK corral... only cheesier. Then we both backed down and went back to work.





You may be asking, "What is the point of this story?" Well, my friend, the moral of the story is this. Our words are like hammers. When we attack people with gossip, backbiting, and slander, most people respond in kind. Because hurt people... hurt people... and nobody wins.


-Steve "Confucius" Loeffler

No comments:

Post a Comment