Friday, February 4, 2011

34/365- To Warmer Days


The uninvited blizzard that stormed it's way into our unsuspecting town this week has been most unwelcome. As the son of Alaskan residents I can truthfully say that I expect this out of Alaska, but Missouri... I'm quite disappointed in you.
So here's a picture to get me out of this winter funk and restore my faith in warmer days to come. Oh surfing... how I have missed you my friend. I'm sorry that the best I can do for you is hang your board on my office wall and dream of some day restoring you to your orignal purpose.
There is a lesson there. In fact, the reason I have my surfboard hanging on my office wall is to remind me of this important lesson. It's more than decoration. We, like my surfboard, are created for a purpose. It was created to interact with the water. We were created to interact with our Heavenly Father, to know God and to make him known. When we don't fulfill our purpose, we're as useless as a surfboard out of water.
-Steve
(BTW, I failed yesterday. So you'll be getting a tooferun (two for one) blog post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment