Monday, February 28, 2011

60/365- Coke, crackers, and crash

My wife will tell you, as will most Marines that I've worked with, that I'm not a morning person. In fact, when I was a Lieutenant in New River, NC there was a joke that no one was to bother me until I had fully woken up. So I would arrive in the mornings around 6:30 to a smiling, half sarcastic "Good Morning, Sir" from my right hand man, Master Sergeant Matt Schroeder. (I should write a whole post on Matt. Maybe next time.) He knew that in my view, there was nothing good about mornings. So, he usually screened all the minor business that came my way, or at least held it off until I had fully come to grips with morning's reality. Usually about 7:30.

So, even on the good mornings, I'm not all sunshine and smiles. Much less the bad ones. This morning was a bad one. I get frequent headaches and more than occasional migraines. I usually fight them off before they get too bad. However, the dirty tricksters will sometimes attack me when I'm asleep, and I have no defense to the headaches that I wake up with. So add a headache to my morning and I click off "safe". Waking up this morning to a pulsing pain in my head and a barking dog made me want to send our furry friend to the farm up state. I didn't though, Sasha lives.

So the only remedy I have found that works is a coke, some saltine crackers, and crashing on the couch. Oh yeah, and a handful of Excedrin migraine.

So if you see me and I don't appear to be too conversational... don't be offended. I don't hate you. I simply hate that my head feels like a ticking time bomb... or I may just hate that I have to be conscious at that hour of the day. Either way, a little distance is probably a good thing. :)

Feeling much better now,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment