Saturday, February 12, 2011

43/365: Stink Pot

"Happy birthday Sydney! How old are you now 12?" - me on a telephone conversation we had on Wednesday.

"Uhhhh, No Mimi. I'm 6." - Syd, with sass and a grin.

This is my beautiful niece Sydney. Seriously she is truly beautiful.

I think that her daddy started it, but we've called her "stink pot" since I don't know when. She still responds to it. She also still calls me Mimi, even though she obviously can say my name now. This little girl is something else. I never knew I wanted to have kids until this little munchkin was born. I remember the first time I successfully rocked her to sleep in my arms in her nursery in Iowa. Having her asleep on my chest was one of the best feelings I'd ever experienced.

Shy in nature, this little girl is the cutest. I had to tickle her to get her to smile a real smile. ;) Today we celebrated her birthday at The Discovery Playhouse. This place was awesome. I would have loved it as a kid. They have all kinds of stations set up where you can play bank, grocery store, fireman, and dentist. They're complete with a conveyor belt, shopping carts, drive through suction tubes, x-ray viewers and dentist chairs. I admit I wanted to play everything. I contained myself though, and kept to the grocery store clerk.
I also have another sweet niece too, Makenzie. More on her laterShe's not quite warmed up to me like Syd was, but I'm growing on her. :) Jaden had a blast today too. We will definitely have to return. As always, it was great to see my family. It's so nice to be close enough for visits, especially with the kids now.



So today I'm posting lots of images because it was a great day, and that deserves more than one picture. Happy Happy Happy birthday to my favorite stink pot. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment