Friday, February 18, 2011

49/365: Packin'


Stephen said this post should be titled, "Stephen Loeffler vs. Jack Bauer." I told him we should have taken a follow up photo of him laying on the ground with his tongue hanging out.

I will not lie. I don't have anything smart or witty to blog about tonight.

We went shooting today and I hit a Gatorade bottle a few times....with a pistol, so bad guys beware!!

I've learned the most about guns from this guy here in this picture. For some reason I'm incredibly fond of this photo, and poor guy, I made him pose for this picture.

I was reminded again today at how my husband is such a great teacher. He's patient, supportive, and gives gentle constructive criticism. He was one of a few teachers I had for guitar as well. I love this about him.

My dad had shotguns and rifles of all sorts for hunting but growing up I never shot one. I think my mom thought I'd "shoot my eye out". The first time I can remember shooting a gun was my freshman year of college. I came to visit Hannibal, MO with my suitemate Kayla. A few of us went out to her uncle's farm and fired off some rounds with an old 12 gauge shotgun. Quite a kick for the first time doing it. Since then, I'm no gun connoisseur, but I have grown to love firing off a few rounds with our shotgun, as redneck woman as that sounds.

So like I said....bad guys...you better watch it cause we're packin!

No comments:

Post a Comment