Wednesday, February 16, 2011

47/365: Broken

"Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me- now let me rejoice. Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew my loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you."

Psalm 51:8-12

I'm not here now, but I have been, many times before. We've all been at this state before, and if you haven't, I hate to break it to you, but your time will come.

Sadly, I could list the times in my life that I've literally been like this, and have lost count of the times I've felt like this on the inside.

When you're broken, whether it be from sins, regret, hurt, death, pain, or loneliness this is how you want to be. You want an escape, to hide where no one can find you.

Nothing is good broken: broken hearts, broken bones, broken promises, and a broken spirit all leave you feeling empty and useless with no hope for being put back together.

Have you been there? Are you there now?

For as many times that I've been this way; felt this way- the only cure for this is Jesus. It's not cliche, it's the truth.

There is hope, and it comes through Him.

"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. you have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!"
-Psalm 30:11-12

If you let him he can restore your spirit and give you your joy again. He can piece you back together in the midst of your brokenness.

No comments:

Post a Comment