Friday, February 4, 2011

35/365: Sperrys.


When I moved to North Carolina I started seeing this hideous shoes on everyone I met. They looked like old man loafers. I saw cute high school kids wearing them, and had to ask what was SO cool about these shoes. The people on the east coast boast about the comfort of these things. Not only that, but Sperry owners are loyal to their boat shoes.

I didn't believe it....until I bought a pair. (Little boys size actually) These shoes are my old broken in trusties. When I was pregnant, unless I was deliberately attempting to feel cute, these were the shoes I wore. On long trips in the car, these are the shoes I choose. Any time I know I'll be doing a lot of walking, these babies get brought out. And now, even in the 12 + inches of snow that we've received, Sperrys win again.

I've also found a new use for them. Never would I have thought playing volleyball in these shoes would be a good thing but I've done it two weeks in a row now and I can't complain. (although everyone on the court hounds me about them)

Steve hates these things. He calls me an old man and I'm not allowed to wear shorts with them because he calls me Huck Finn and sarcastically tells me how hot I am.

I am not amused, and I'm not out to impress anybody.

Oh and he's stuck with me.

Oh little boat shoes, you've been so good to me. You're my favorite, but don't tell my slouchy boots.

1 comment:

  1. HA! One of my friends wore a pair of sperrys to school today. Definitely old man-looking but if they're as comfy as you say they are, I'd wear them too.

    ReplyDelete