Friday, February 11, 2011

42/365- Ladies Man

Tonight we're spending some quality time with great friends. From left to right you'll see, MK, Tiffany, Brianne, Kristin, and Erin with Jaden of course being the ladies man. You'll find Chris, Matt, and me out of the picture because Matt was shy, Chris was... well... typical nonconformist Chris, and someone had to take the picture (me).
We all met up for dinner tonight with the last few of the crew being Mark, Mandi, and their son Eli.


So who is this ragamuffin band of misfits? Well, we're a close knit group of high school friends who have hung together almost 10 years. We've had some dry spells, with little to no communication at times, but we always find our way back together. There is much to be said about having friends like these. I am blessed.


As I've said before, growing up as a military brat and moving around so much, long term friends were always a casualty of the lifestyle. I remember fighting so hard to stay in Texas and to not move to Illinois. Who knew that moving to Illinois would be lead to such a blessing of friends, and a wonderful wife who gave me a beautiful son. I'll say it again. I am blessed!

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment