Monday, May 2, 2011

119/365: Meet Dan



So, I have fallen way behind in blogging. Sorry honey, I have failed you. But instead of dropping the whole thing, I'm going to catch us back up.


So meet my older and only brother Dan, or Daniel to you. Not many people call him Dan, but since I put up with his beatings all my life, I get to shorten it. He's lucky I don't call him worse! I'm kidding, he has been the best brother I could have asked for. I am extremely proud of who he is.


As my brother, his worth is more than the accomplishments he has made, thus my pride in him goes far beyond any sucess he could ever have. But he has had many a success in his life. After 9/11, Dan joined the army to be part of the 82nd (All American) Airborne Infantry. He has served on several deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan as a scout sniper, squad leader, and most recently as an officer. He has a wonderful wife, Dorothy who is an amazing teacher and mother, and two little girls Allyson, and Haley.


I was very blessed while I was in the Marines to be stationed along the East coast where I could always drive 2-4 hours to spend a weekend with them. They never complained, even when I am sure I was intruding a few times. Haha. I miss those weekends, though I don't miss having to drive back to base to be by myself again. So, thank you Dan for putting up with me. You are the best. Even if you do it out of obligation or feeling sorry for all those times you whooped the crap out of me. I still appreciate it. God bless you man, and good luck with the live fires and evaluations this week. You'll do great!


-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment