Sunday, May 22, 2011

135/365: May 21, 2011

This weekend was marked by a certain individual and his followers as the beginning of the end. The date 5/21/11 was supposedly the rapture date for believers. Maybe you believed, maybe you didn't.
Matthew 24:36 says:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."


You can search online the details about May 21, 2011 to get the whole story, but even though this man didn't have me convinced that he knew more than Jesus does, it did make me stop and thing about if it were to happen. It gave me mixed feelings.

I felt ready, because I have placed my faith and trust in Christ. It made me excited to be in the presence of my heavenly father. It also made me nervous to think of how unworthy I am to even be considered a future resident of Heaven. That's when I felt thankful; thankful for Jesus Christ, the price he paid for my sin on the cross, and the grace and mercy that God freely gives.

Am I alone in this?

Like I said, I wasn't convinced, but I admit that in the back of my mind I was excited about the idea of it really happening, that day!

I read an article that had an interesting perspective on the whole thing. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment