Sunday, May 22, 2011

134/365: Baby Steps

It's started. Jaden has officially been cruising around on two feet. The first steps he took were right after a bath a few weeks ago. Nothing consistent had happened since then. Then out of nowhere, yesterday afternoon while Steve and I were leisurely enjoying Saturday afternoon, he took 5-6 in a row!

I cried.

Stereotypical as it may be, images of him as a newborn flashed across my mind, and cuddles with my precious baby boy, and I realized, he's really growing up.

I had a session last night so Steve was on baby duty. I received multiple texts and this video from him. Today he's been walking up a storm. I anticipate him getting the hang of it very very soon. How will I ever keep up?

I love that when he walks his arms are stretched up to Heaven. I think Jaden walks with his arms in the air in sweet victory. "Yes I did it!"


He is officially 14 months old now, and is just now taking his steps. As a mom you are wondering when he'll catch up to all the other babies that you know who are advanced in every aspect. An update on him verbally: (partially for myself to remember)

Jaden regularly babbles syllables of all sorts. Dada, mama, duck, ke ke (in high pitched voice for kitty kitty), Sta Sta (in high pitched voice for Sasha), and De da are popular words in his vocabulary.

Our little guy is growing up so fast I can hardly believe it. I love you sweet boy. You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment