Tuesday, May 24, 2011

137/365: Just Like Daddy

Ever since Jaden turned one, we've been having him brush his teeth a couple of times a day. (most days) Steve finds this pointless. "Those teeth are going to fall out anyhow so why do we need to brush them?" But anyhow, Jaden actually likes doing this. Teeth brushing time usually involves me brushing his teeth then letting him chew on the bristles, and hit/brush the mirror, wall, or cabinets (see photo listed). Stephen will probably kill me for posting this picture.

I know I'll have 100 more times like this but I loved this image from the other morning. Jaden was brushing his teeth with his daddy...and mommy had to take a photo.

Lately I've noticed Jaden starting to mimic us more and more. While putting together my furniture from IKEA, Jaden had to have the tools that I had and proceeded to rub the hammer (because it was too heavy to lift) on the cardboard box my nightstand came in, and wanted to touch the drill that I was using.

I look forward to the many more moments where I'll see him doing the things that daddy does. Stephen truly is such a great daddy. I can see how much he loves him everyday. The role of a dad is so important in both boy's and girl's lives and I'm blessed to both have had one growing up, and to have one now for our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment