Friday, May 20, 2011

133/365: Right Near Da Beach

It was the last day of school for our students. Graduation was this evening and summer has officially began. Days like today make me miss the beach. Really, any day makes me miss the beach. What's so fantastic about the beach? How about the wonder of the way the waves crash on the shore and their power as they turn surfers into drowned rats. If I close my eyes and concentrate hard enough I can hear the waves crashing against the shore, seagulls scrounging for leftover tourist's crumbs, and smell the sunscreen. There's something about being there that makes you want to kick back, relax, and not worry about a thing. I think we all need a beach in our backyard. Don't you? If it wasn't for the glare, I would totally take a laptop to the beach to sit and edit while my legs got some sun.

Maybe someday we'll live near the ocean again. Or, at least be able to visit more frequently. I imagine our boys will enjoy playing in the sand. Of course the last time we visited the beach, This was Jaden's experience....
Maybe next time will be much more pleasant for him. (and his little brother)

1 comment: