Wednesday, May 18, 2011

131/365: A Story Behind Every Lens


A few months ago I purchased and inherited what I fear may become my newest (or oldest) collector's item. I love all things vintage, especially cameras. If you asked me how to use the ones I have, I'd tell you that honestly I have no idea. I love the look of them though. Don't you? What I love most about them is the idea that thousands of memories have been captured by the lenses that I have. It leaves so many options for the imagination.

Perhaps it belonged to a dad who was able to capture the beauty of his little girl on her wedding day. Maybe it's been across the world, on many adventures and foreign travels. Whatever the case, there's a story behind every lens. If these lenses could talk, I bet they'd have lots to say.

This first camera I received from my mother in law. I believe it was her dad's, or maybe grandpa's, and the other I found at an old antique store for a good deal.

I can't wait to get more. And, as you'll see in my next post, I have a workspace that actually LOOKS like a workspace now! Woo Hoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment