Monday, January 24, 2011

24/365- Pro-Life


I don't get wrapped up in politics. I couldn't care less about Republican or Democrat. Don't get me wrong, government is important, and I have my personal convictions. However, as a pastor I don't believe it's my place to preach politics. Jesus obviously saw the corruptness in the Roman governments, but He didn't come preaching social reform, He came to bear witness to the truth. To bring forgiveness, love, and life.
So as a Christ follower, I believe that I should do the same. So tonight I was invited to speak at a pro-life event. Like I said, I don't get too wrapped up in social rallies, but I accepted the offer because I believe that it was a platform to point to Christ. After all, God is pro-life. Since... you know... He's the creator of life.
So I spoke on the Bible's truth that life begins at conception. That it's our responsibility as Christians to help, love on, and pray for hurting people. Most importantly though is the truth that we live in a fallen world, that are all sinful people in need of a Savior, and the only One who can save us is Christ Jesus.
Thank you Lord for life, eternal life, and for a life that is full of JOY!! I mean look at this little guy!! Just another reason to be pro-life.
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment