Wednesday, January 26, 2011

26/365: Danger Zone


It's been so cold here lately. Much different than Jacksonville, NC, Bowling Green, MO still functions even in 6 inches of snow!
I used to laugh at my friends in NC that would complain about the roads being "horrible" and it being so cold (in 30 degree weather) and now it's backfiring. I'm now the one in Missouri freezing and am SO cold!

Over the past couple of weeks we've had more snow than I saw in the 2 years I lived in North Carolina. I forgot how tricky this weather can be. I have yet to purchase a good pair of ugly snow boots, however will probably be doing so soon.

Our back porch is a danger zone right now. The entire thing is covered in snow. Not only that, but there's ice too! Speaking of snow boots, I bet I wouldn't have slipped and fell the other day if I'd opted out of wearing the cute camel colored heeled boots and instead wore the ugly snow boots.....Sigh....

The porch is also covered in pee spots because Sasha doesn't realize it's not the yard. Dumb dog- bless her heart. At least they're not "landmines".

Also, as shown in the photo above, large icicles are hanging from the roof. It's a wonder that one of them didn't get knocked loose when I fell and impale me!!

Dear Spring, please get here soon. I don't feel safe on my own back porch.

-MK

1 comment:

  1. ha ha! Dave was making fun of me the other day for not having snow boots! I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't have them yet! But I figure once I get them the snow will stop...hmmm?

    ReplyDelete