Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5/365- Chapter Three Syndrome


First off, the edit of this picture is not great. The quality of this photo is not great. I had to edit on a PC, that doesn't have PS (in Picasa....gasp!!). Call me a Mac snob (Liz Clay) if it makes you feel better about yourself. ;)

If you’ve ever read my business blog, you probably know that I’m not a reader. It’s not that I don’t like to read, I do once I get into it. I wish I had a love affair with books but I simply don’t. I wish I was one of those women who at the end of a long day pulls out a book from her nightstand, puts on her reading glasses and reads by lamplight till she falls asleep. I am not this woman.


Here’s my problem. I start books often. I get sucked into Barnes and Noble or Borders and will spend an hour or two and find a new book that has caught my attention. I read a few pages in the store, take it home and usually get through the first two chapters. That’s where I get stuck. It’s what I like to call “Third Chapter Syndrome”. I have a shelf full of books that have bookmarks at…you guessed it- chapter three. Last year alone I started five books. I finished uno. (Crazy Love by Francis Chan btw…highly recommended) At least most of them were from our local library.


My poor deprived and attention starved books. Their only hope of getting love again is if I travel. Today I am traveling. Lucky for The Atonement Child, (Francine Rivers) I tossed her in the car and am proud to say my bookmark rests in chapter six. Hoping to finish her by the end of the week.
-MK

No comments:

Post a Comment