Wednesday, April 13, 2011

104/365: Fushi


Tonight I made lettuce wraps (like PF Changs) and sushi. Yep! Sushi, my first attempt.
I made my own version of sushi tonight, something I like to call "fushi". Every kind of sushi has nori or seaweed in it but I hate the taste of it.

I must not be truly Asian.

Therefore, I made my own sushi without seaweed. Pretty good! In case you're wondering, I had wanted to make California rolls (crab, avocado, and cucumber) but Bowling Green was sold out of avocado. Fo sho.
So, I just made them with crab, cucumber and cream cheese. :) Yumm.

We had a great time tonight with friends and were greatly entertained at a few people who thought that wasabi was meant to be devoured in large quantities and despised the taste of pickled ginger.

I would much rather eat "Fushi" any day of the week. Why haven't I tried this before now?

On a side note, hoping to hear the baby's heartbeat tomorrow morning at our doctor's appointment. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good call on the cream cheese! :-) How'd the lettuce wraps turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lettuce wraps were ok. They were a little sweet for my taste, but everyone else seemed to really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete