Saturday, April 2, 2011

93/365 - Hearned... and given


In the Marines we have a saying, "Earned... never given." Referring to earning the title of being a Marine. Although you have to earn the title, you can be given the T-shirt.



Meet Ryan Hearn. He is one of my best friends from back East, a brother in Christ, and fellow youth pastor. Although the picture may seem a little strange, it was one of the more serious pictures that I have of us. I guess we're just a little different. I bought the shirt for MK a long time ago, and then Mary Kim passed it on. I think this picture borders on "bromantic".



I was blessed to be serve on a youth leadership team under his guidance and direction in Jacksonville, NC. I learned a ton from him and I still look to him for advice today. It's been said that there are no self made men. This is just another example of how God has used a Christ loving man to influence and shape who I am. So, thanks Ryan. May God continue to use you to make disciples, who make disciples.



-Steve



P.S. Maa Maa!!


No comments:

Post a Comment