Wednesday, March 2, 2011

62/365: Pico De Gallo


I'm taking the easy way out today and posting a recipe for my favorite pico.

It's gorgeous outside...at least I think it is. We're about to find out when Jaden and I take a walk shortly.

Pico reminds me of summer, and I'm anxious for summer to get here so it only seemed fitting.

First off a little history about myself and pico. My first attempt to make pico came in the middle of the summer when I was in college. My roommate Nicole and I decided we'd try our hand at it without a recipe. Sure we knew what was in it! Wrong! Since then I've been trying to find the perfect pico concoction. I'm not even sure where I found the recipe since I don't use a recipe anymore. I guess that tells you I like to make it a lot. Anyhow, here it is for your tasting pleasure. It's a yummy and healthy snack. In fact I admit dripping a little of this on the camer in between takes. Whoops.

Pico De Gallo

4-5 plump tomatoes

1 yellow or white onion

1/4 bunch of cilantro

2 splashes of lime juice

about a teaspoon of minced garlic (garlic powder will do but minced is better

1-2 jalapenos, with seeds

a couple of dashes of S&P

Chop all ingreedients and add to bowl.

eat with tortilla chips or pita chips. Great on tacos too.

The end. :)

3 comments:

  1. No avocado???

    P.S. It took me 6 tries to spell avocado correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but that would be fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that I was probably thinking of guacamole when I wrote that, but I like avocado so much I would eat it in pico too!

    ReplyDelete