Thursday, March 24, 2011

83/365: in training




One of my earliest memories of Stephen is him playing basketball. When I was in high school I was a cheerleader, Stephen bball starter. Cliche? Probably.
He would agree that he lived and breathed basketball in high school. If he wasn't playing a game or at practice he was shooting hoops at Joe c's house, showing off for me in his parents drive, or at the park running some extra sprints by himself.
He still plays today- every Sunday night. And I'm convinced that he takes breaks at work to shoot hoops in the gym.
I'm not certain that J will follow in his daddy's footsteps but I'm fairly certain he'll be an athlete. He knows how to throw a ball already and loves throwing his blocks all over the house and chasing them down. Maybe he'll follow after me and prefer sports with dirt, grass, and chalk lines. He has recently began liking to put his blocks back into the bucket. I'm certain dad will encourage this.
I look forward to seeing my boys playing ball in the driveway and Stephen teaching him all he knows. I know I say it all the time, but I love my boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment