Monday, March 21, 2011

81/365 - So close... yet so far


Have you ever really thought about how close heaven is? I mean really thought about it? Any given day, as Christ followers, we are half a second away from heaven. Some people may think me morbid for bringing this up, because death stands between us and heaven. But I assure you that there is nothing morbid about death for the spirit who is in relation with the author and giver of life. For such life is never quenched and death is nothing more than a doorway... the butterfly's cocoon, so to speak.
I've been thinking about how God created all this beauty around us and how much more beautiful it will be when paradise lost becomes paradise restored. These last few days I have spent time meditating on, and laying my joy in the paradise that awaits us. I have to admit that I long for it. I am extremely blessed in this life and I am so thankful for every day that is given to me. Yet I put my joy not in the things of this world, but in the promise and the hope of an eternity with my Lord, my Love, my Redeemer, and my Friend.
Nothing compares to Him. As much as I try, I can't imagine what it will truly be like... and that makes it all the more wonderful.
Alway and forever...
...in His grip,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment