Sunday, March 6, 2011

66/365: 30 For 30

Last week I came across a blog that introdeced the idea of "30 for 30". The basic idea of it is to get the most out of your wardrobe. Hang in there guys, I know you're already bored. It's called "remixing" and here's what you do. Pick 30 items from your closet, shirts, shoes, and bottoms. Accessories do not count. Your goal is to create 30 different stylish outfits out of your 30 pieces of clothing. You can take a month, 6 months, a year... it's really up to you. I'm currently on outfit number 3.


The girl who started the blog has much better photos than I do on the blog because I haven't taken the time to really take good photos and it's weird taking photos of myself. Poor Steve is probably tired of me asking him to take a picture of me already.



Anyhow, I love this idea and it's been so fun to do. A couple things I've realized is that I don't branch out and take risks with my outfits as much as I wish I would. A friend of mine is doing this too and she's even drawing each item out of a bowl for each time she chooses an outfit which makes it super fun.



Another thing I've learned is that I have a few stores that I REALLY like to shop for clothes at...as you'll see in the repeats. (Forever 21 and Target being 2 of them) I'm also not above Walmart, just so you know. ;)

I'm not even sure that anyone will REALLy care about this outfit adventure I'm embarking on, but I thought it may be fun to share in case anyone else wants to try it.
I also wanted to explain why I may be looking a little crazy in the next few months with my outfit choices. I have a feeling that once I get to about outfit 15 I'm going to be scrambling to put a new spin on things. :)









Forgot to add arrows to this last one for "Target". Almost the entire outfit came from Target. (cardigan, belt, yellow tank, and denim skirt (maternity section) ) The necklace is from World Market.

My hope is that I can be more creative in my wardrobe...and that it will stop me from shopping for a while....Let's hope so.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I also love to see how other people put together outfits. It is inspiring! I love your blog! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete