Friday, March 4, 2011

64/365: captivated

The heavens proclaim the glory of God.

The skies display his craftsmanship. Psalm 19:1

I had forgotten about the crazy weather that the midwest gets during the spring. I guess I was a little occupied last spring with little man about to make his debut. In the past 2 months we've had over 2 feet of snow, tornado warnings, and 70 degree weather. I prefer the 70 degrees but that's just me. :)

In the midst of all the crazy weather patterns we've been seeing, we've also been having some beautiful skies. Stormy weather produces some of the most gorgeous cloud formations.

Call me a little dreamy but there's times when I feel like the sunset was painted especially for me by my heavenly pursuer. They're gentle reminders that he still seeks after my heart. He does it for me and he does it for you. I read the book "captivated" by staci eldridge and it completely changed my view on who Christ is and his love for us. If you haven't read it and you're a woman, you are missing out!

The creator of the universe desires to be loved by you, and is pursuing after you. He paints you beautiful sunsets and gives you the gift of laughter. The thought of that makes me smile and sigh to feel that loved. My prayer is that you too will become completely captivated by your heavenly pursuer and bask in the love he has for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment