Friday, March 25, 2011

85/365: Worth the Wait


This is an image from a newborn session I had this week. This little precious baby was well worth the wait for his mommy and daddy. After years of infertility, the parents had decided to be content with not having children of their own. Although their hearts longed to have children, they accepted and trusted God with everything they had.

One of my favorite passages of scripture comes from Philippians 4:11-13:

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content in whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through him who gives me strength."

In my life too, I've learned that when I worry, nothing comes from it. Contentment doesn't always come easy to me. There are times when I'll privately throw a pity party, or wail and woller in my disappointment, and it does nothing, but when I finally am content in the situation, God blesses, in one way or another. For me it's been through a job, a new friend, business opportunity, even funds. It always comes at the most unexpected times, and I'm so grateful for those moments. We serve a God who is loving, who is faithful, and who is in control.

Thank you Nikki and Kevin, for reminding me this week of the awesome God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment