Monday, March 28, 2011

88/365: First Dates and Holding Hands

Nothing is significant about March 28 for us, but as I was going through some old pictures a few days ago, I came across this one. This just makes me laugh. It makes me laugh for many reasons. 1- the crooked lamp shade in the background, 2- the blonde tips in Steve's hair and 3- the fact that I have on fake leather pants (that fortunately you can't see). It's been 10 years since our first date. This is not our first date, but it wasn't long after.

Our story has a lot of twists and turns, and is longer than you probably care to hear. But, to sum it all up, we've been through a lot together, and somehow we made it through, and are still smiling. :) If you would have asked me 10 years ago if I thought I'd be where I am now I'd say no way. Funny how God has a way of changing your plans to fit His. Here we are 10 years later and I sit here tonight, just thankful at how everything turned out.

Hoping for another 10 years of dates and holding hands. I love you Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment